continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mail notification templates override
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:13:27 GMT
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Martin van den Bemt <mllist@mvdb.net> wrote:

> I am not particularly fond of having another config file that we need to change or maintain
in an
> installation (besides the complexity for a lot of people finding the home directory of
the system
> user in windows).  Why not do it correctly right away and add it to the configuration
page ? (didn't
> check the data model yet, so I don't hope it needs db changes for that).

We are planning to move the general configuration out to a text file
so that it can be pre-configured (before you ever start the app.)  [1]
 The requirement to visit that web page for each new installation
makes it difficult to automate server provisioning.

I don't think that really affects whether to put the mail notifier
config on that page, just where the data will be stored (in
continuum.xml and/or in the database.)

[1]  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1252

--
Wendy