continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EXTERN.LUSTIG_M...@allianz.de>
Subject SSO Archiva / Continuum
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:18:13 GMT
hi,
since Archiva and Continuum are highly complimentary it would be helpful for many users to
have a single login for both apps. I have heard this request a number of times!
Already both apps ground on the same authentication and authoriation system (redback) and
the db schemas are also the same.
Would it be possible to use a single db-instance for both apps?
I suppose it won't work because the security-roles are different for each system.
So, my idea is to leave the authorization each in the dedicated tables, while having the authentication
at a central place/table.

Can one of the Redback-developers please explain if it would be sufficient to have a single
table JDOUSER, and the rest of the tables to have one for each app. I think the easiest way
would be to use the same db-instance, and simply prefix the table-sets: CONT_SECURITY_....
ARCH_SECURITY_....

I think anyway some better integration of Continuum and Archiva would be highly welcome.

M.