continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mail notification templates override
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:08:07 GMT

On 17/06/2008, at 5:59 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> I have seen an empty mdo file in continuum-configuration ;-).
> IMHO we can use it.

Is modello still a good choice, or is something more basic a better
option?

> My first idea was to read the file in :
> ${user.home}/.continuum/continuum-configuration.xml.

You certainly have to make sure that it's not hardwired into the home
directory. It's a good default if you drop in a webapp, but it needs
to be changable, and in the Jetty distribution I think one under conf/
makes more sense so it can stay with the rest of the configuration.

We have a lot of flexibility in archiva like this, but it's also too
complex. I would avoid merging the two files, for example.

> But to ensure backward comp, file from store if exists must win.

I would say if it's in the store, migrate it to the other
configuration and then remove it. The new file would always win.

I still like commons-configuration as a way to source the information,
especially since you can pull values from JNDI and system properties
that makes it straight forward to overrides some configuration.

- Brett