continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Olivier Lamy" <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mail notification templates override
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:05:27 GMT
Customizing the web template is a good idea. (do we have to support
html email ?) .
Perso, I prefer to start with a configuration file in the file system
(~/.continuum/continuum.xml or something else).
I think about using that (in the module continuum-configuration) to
fix CONTINUUM-1489 (the proxy configuration could be here).

--
Olivier

2008/6/13 Martin van den Bemt <mllist@mvdb.net>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Before I start sending patches that get rejected, I thought it was best to discuss this
on the list
> first.
> The mail template are in continuum-core, which means that if you want to customize continuum,
you
> need to start maintaining a separate patch / source tree for this specifically or perform
some
> really nasty magic to override them.
>
> Currently in MailContinuumNotifier.java the location is constructed based on these commands
:

> String packageName = getClass().getPackage().getName().replace( '.', '/' );
> String templateName = packageName + "/templates/" + project.getExecutorId() + "/" + source
+ ".vm";

> The simplest solution is to first check if there is a custom template eg
> String templateName = "custom/" + packageName + "/templates/" + project.getExecutorId()
+ "/" +