continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "SlinnHawkins, Jon (ELS-CAM)" <J.SlinnHawk...@elsevier.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Installations - single Database?
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:31:44 GMT
Thanks Emmanuel,

We are currently using the embedded Derby DB.  Are there any tools that
I can use to migrate to Derby Network Server DB ?

Or even better - how far off is the Oracle integration ?

Thanks

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 June 2008 23:15
To: dev@continuum.apache.org
Subject: Re: Multiple Installations - single Database?

hi,

yes, you can share users db. Generally we do it when we install
Continuum +
Archiva.
For the Continuum db, it must be specific by continuum instance because
if
you share it, you'll have all projects in all your Continuum instances.

Emmanuel

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:07 PM, SlinnHawkins, Jon (ELS-CAM) <
J.SlinnHawkins@elsevier.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> Can continuum share its Database across multiple installations ?
>

> I see that there are 2 db instances used - user & continuum
>

> Ideally I would like to share the users db across multiple Continuum
> installations.  We currently have a bout 50 dev's working on any
number of
> projects, some of which have dedicated build server environments.
Having to