continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "SlinnHawkins, Jon (ELS-CAM)" <J.SlinnHawk...@elsevier.com>
Subject Multiple Installations - single Database?
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:07:15 GMT
Hi

Can continuum share its Database across multiple installations ?

I see that there are 2 db instances used – user & continuum

Ideally I would like to share the users db across multiple Continuum installations.  We currently
have a bout 50 dev’s working on any number of projects, some of which have dedicated build
server environments.  Having to recreate all the user accounts on each continuum instance
would be pain to manage…. L

If the user database were to be shared how would this affect the users roles? I presume the
continuum (build database) is linked to the users db so the roles can be managed on a per
project basis.

Would I have to share both Databases with each of the continuum installations? Is this possible
? Is there any concept of “Continuum Instance” in the database ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

This email is from Elsevier Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company
number 1982084,
whose registered office is The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 1GB, United
Kingdom.