continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Dehon <ode...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSO Archiva / Continuum
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:00:13 GMT
Actually, if you configure archiva to use the same "users" database as
continuum, it just works, since roles do not collide between the 2 apps
(AFAIU).

I did this using a MySQL DB on Ubuntu 8.04 without any issues.

-Olivier

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 14:18 +0200, Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland,
externer Mitarbeiter) wrote:
> hi,
> since Archiva and Continuum are highly complimentary it would be helpful for many users
to have a single login for both apps. I have heard this request a number of times!
> Already both apps ground on the same authentication and authoriation system (redback)
and the db schemas are also the same.
> Would it be possible to use a single db-instance for both apps?
> I suppose it won't work because the security-roles are different for each system.
> So, my idea is to leave the authorization each in the dedicated tables, while having
the authentication at a central place/table.

> Can one of the Redback-developers please explain if it would be sufficient to have a
single table JDOUSER, and the rest of the tables to have one for each app. I think the easiest
way would be to use the same db-instance, and simply prefix the table-sets: CONT_SECURITY_....
ARCH_SECURITY_....