continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Venisse" <emmanuel.veni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: refactoring the SCM
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 20:29:41 GMT
Hi Brett,

Great work, I like it and I'm ok to merge it regularly to trunk.

I don't have idea about maps of beans.

I think this branch is a good start to do more refactoring.
1- split DefaultBuildController to a controller  + a builder
The builder should be in it's own module and doesn't use/know the store, it
checkout/update the working copy and build the project
The controller get an event from the UI, the scheduler or an other way and
send and event to one or more builder (local or remote), JMS is probably the
solution
2- for each steps, the builder send the new project state notification, by
JMS too and the Controller store it in memory, The project state must be
transient instead of to store it in the db like today.
When the build is done, the builder send a new event with the build result

I have a point that I don't know for the moment how to resolve. How to
access to the working copy when the builder is a remote builder and how to
do when we use more than one remote builder? But we'll can find a solution
later.

Emmanuel