continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Continuum data accumulation
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 22:20:03 GMT
Continuum has a habit of accumulating data that users can't get rid
of.  We've improved this-- for example you can now delete build
results through the UI-- but there's more to be done.

First I'd like to get a list of everything that gets created...

Database
 * projects
 * build results
 * users
 * login keys (these currently do NOT get cleaned up, see REDBACK-137)
 * security roles (no way to delete these, either,)
 *  ... (this may just be a list of all the table names)

Filesystem
 * log files (list?)
 * build result text files
 * project working copies
 * release working copies (** can't be deleted from UI)

Is there anything else?

... then we can make sure there's a way to get rid of these things,
either through a scheduled or on-demand purge, or by adding 'delete'
buttons where appropriate to let users delete things one at a time.

Thanks,
--
Wendy