continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running maven on multiple remote servers - distributed continuous testing?
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 21:25:12 GMT
Hi Dermot,

On 20/05/2008, at 7:09 AM, Dermot Cochran wrote:

> How can I configure Continuum to run Maven on a remote server, ideally
> on several remote servers and then to collate the results.  Would this
> require a modification of the source code for Continuum? If so, then I
> would be happy to work on it.

This isn't currently possible out of the box. However, we have been
discussing a long term plan to enable it. You might like to review
this thread:

* http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/continuum-dev/200804.mbox/%3c0B4BED0C-0418-4B85-8891-9F99C138DD56@apache.org%3e

There was also a proposal a couple of years ago that hasn't been
integrated, but holds a lot of good stuff.

* http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/sandbox/continuum-distributed/

If you are interested in helping plan and contribute to this
functionality, we certainly welcome your input here!

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter