continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: refactoring the SCM
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 23:30:06 GMT

On 16/05/2008, at 5:55 AM, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> I think build status must be totally independent of the svn status.

Cool, I think we all agree on that then.

> My point of view is:
> - svn offline ==> nothing to do (maybe an alert to send)

I would still like to see this in the UI somewhere so it's not
confusing why it didn't build.

> - build ok ==> green icon
> - test failures ==> orange icon
> - compilation/packaging failure ==> red icon

I'm no sure if it's necessary to differentiate between test failures
and other failures - that's like saying it's less important if your
tests fail than if your code compiles :)

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter