continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Thakur <rahul.thakur.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: refactoring the SCM
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 01:19:58 GMT

The motivation behind this was that layer/module should (ideally) expose
limited number of granular exception(s). Having said that, I agree
wrapping-unwrapping exceptions can get clunky and contract definition
should be merited by the exception handling instances that we have
observed in the code.

I wasn't referring to nesting exceptions (may be wrong use of 'wrap'),
but unifying the hierarchy of ScmExceptions, so clients can introspect
using 'instanceof' to determine specific ones.

Rahul