continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Marica Tan" <c...@exist.com>
Subject Re: refactoring the SCM
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 02:58:09 GMT
On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> On 08/05/2008, at 9:55 AM, Marica Tan wrote:
>
>  Hi,
> >
> > I'm thinking of adding a field in the build result that is transient
> > which
> > has the value of the last build result.
> >
> > This is currently how it looks in the project group page
> >
> > Icon                        Project
> > check mark             successful build
> > x mark                    svn offline
> > check mark             svn online, no changes
> >

> yep, the x might also mean the POM is bad or something which is then a
> configuration error, not a build failure
>

> > What I think would be better
> >
> > Icon                        Project
> > check mark             successful build
> > (last build result)      svn offline
> > check mark             svn online, no changes
> >

> sounds good - how do you think we should represent the other types of
> errors when SVN is offline, or an update can't be initiated because the POM
> is bad, etc?

I think if it's a failure related to the source, like POMs etc... then it
should be represented by an "X" mark. But if it's related to scm
connections, hard drive failures, or anything related to infrastructure..
then either it will be represented by it's last build whether it's an "X" or
check mark or we could create another symbol for that?