continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum and plain text passwords
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 01:13:18 GMT
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez
<napoleonesmundocarpioramirez@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the idea of having the plain-text password in the release.properties
>  file is dangerous enough.  Do you think it will be ok to just remove it,
>  then always ask for a password during the release?

Continuum already asks for a password during the release.  Yes, I'd
prefer that the password never gets stored in plain text, however I
think that change would have to be made in Maven Release, not in
Continuum.

Let's first make sure the release.properties file is not displayed in
the working copy for Maven projects, and then work on the underlying
issue.

--
Wendy