continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Edwin Punzalan" <elpunza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in Release Prepare of Continuum
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:21:19 GMT
Hi, Marica.

I've started looking into this...

I think its a problem with the plexus-spring.  Below is what I've found in
PlexusNamespaceHandler:

                    StringWriter xml = new StringWriter();
                    xml.write( '<' + name + '>' );
                    flatten( child.getChildNodes(), new PrintWriter( xml )
);
                    xml.write( "</" + name + '>' );
                    String dependencyValue = StringUtils.replace(
xml.toString(), "${basedir}", PlexusToSpringUtils.getBasedir() );
                    dependencies.put( name, dependencyValue );
                    value.append( xml.toString());

"name" is the plexus <configuration> name.  And "value" is supposed to be
its value, Nothing wrong there.

But notice the parameters being passed to the "dependencies" Map.  The
dependencyValue would also contain the configuration name... as shown in the
stacktrace you gave us.  And I think this is what's causing the problem.

I have no time to try it out, but if you could replace it instead with:

                    StringWriter xml = new StringWriter();
                    flatten( child.getChildNodes(), new PrintWriter( xml )
);
                    String dependencyValue = xml.toString();
                    value.append( '<' + name + '>' );
                    value.append( dependencyValue );
                    value.append( "</" + name + '>' );
                    dependencyValue = StringUtils.replace( xml.toString(),
"${basedir}", PlexusToSpringUtils.getBasedir() );
                    dependencies.put( name, dependencyValue );

and build, test, and create a patch... it would really be helpful.  Thanks!

^_^