continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: Some alternate designs for the web site
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 04:14:53 GMT
I had some trouble viewing the logos, so i downloaded them and converted
them to pngs.

  http://joakim.erdfelt.com/continuum/

As for my opinions ...
I'm not a fan of left hand (or right hand) navigation bars.
especially with data rich applications like continuum.
I would rather see the navigation at the top and the data spread out wide.

The dark background top banner on design_5 is pleasing.
but the clean overall look of design_3 is very pleasant.
I don't like design_1.

As for the logos ...
Logo 1 looks like the original logo that I've grown to like.
just some minor quibbles with the text around it.
Logo 2 looks very plain. *yawn*
Logo 3 looks clean and professional, but also rather unexciting.
Logo 4 is also a bit simple, but less so than #2 and #3.

- Joakim