continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject refactoring the SCM
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:02:17 GMT
Hi,

I've started to do some refactoring - this is along the way to the
builder separation I mentioned earlier.

If you have a moment, please review r 651947. It's on a branch, but
I'd like to regularly merge to trunk if there are no objects to avoid
getting too distant. I have more tests to write for this first.

All I've done is pulled the DefaultContinuumScm class out into a
separate module, and decoupled it from the model. It already contained
some logic related to the SCMs (which may actually need to go back
into Maven SCM itself). I pulled the logging and database updates back
into the actions in code (this did result in some duplication, but I
can clean that up later). It also showed that some code was never
having its results used, and also started to expose some exception
handling bugs. I stopped wrapping exceptions and results, choosing to
use the Maven SCM API natively.

Thoughts?

Anyone that is knowledgable in Spring, please check my work :) Is
there a way to easily populate maps of beans, instead of hard coding
the providers?

Cheers,
Brett

--