continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New feature: Scheduled purge of old build results
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:13:55 GMT
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Emmanuel Venisse
<emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I'd want to know what you mean with a purge.
>  If you just delete old build results in the db, I don't think it will be
>  enough.
>  It will be better to keep somewhere (in a file) some datas about deleted
>  build results so they will can be included in some historical graphs when
>  we'll add them.

It's less a memory issue for me than a space issue, both on the
filesystem (all the old build output text files) and in the database,
where they have to be dumped to XML and re-imported when you upgrade.
I want the option to completely remove them from the system.

A staged approach and saving historical data as you have described is
fine with me though, it turns the process into 'archiving' and
'purging'.  I still want the ability to completely get rid of it,
preferably with a scheduled task.

--
Wendy