continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Workflow engine
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:43:38 GMT
thats fine by me, I was mostly just bringing up what I know exists as a
component in plexus already

we might want to just start by specifying what we think workflow is in the
context of continuum, that might help in choosing what ultimate solution
gets put into place.

my view of workflow is akin to the lifecycle in maven where we take a
process like 'scheduled build' which goes through phases like:

> scm update
> build
> commit results to db

then someone might want to add in a bit of workflow such that

> scm update
> build
> commit results to db
> mail out notification

Perhaps it can be configurable by xml files or something, but thats what the
workflow to me is at least, taking the processes we have in continuum and
switching them to a setup that we can extend simply.

cheers!
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell