continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Continuum 2.0 Roadmap
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 02:47:31 GMT

On 06/02/2008, at 1:20 PM, Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez wrote:

> Just some thoughts,
>
> I strongly agree to the proposed technology changes, particularly in
> the
> database, as it will definitely improve the storage performance.  In
> line
> with the objectives to make Continuum a slick CI server, I think the
> design
> changes is a good move as well.  In my opinion, having plugins will
> provide
> a platform for flexibility and a workflow-type of approach in
> managing the
> builds.

+1

> My proposed features would be the following:
> 1.  Aside from the improvement in the UI, I think a visual
> representation of
> statistics would be nice.  Graphs of the success rates, charts of
> project
> health, etc.  I think Bamboo has it as telemetry.

Yeah, though I think we can be creative here - both by allowing
plugins and by looking into different ways to represent it. I really
want my sparklines :)

> 2.  Distributed builds, this has been started before but it was
> never used.
> I think this would be a strong point in using Continuum if it were
> available.  Hudson has it, iirc.  I think implementing it as a
> plugin would
> provide more control to it.

I think that actually this needs to be a fundamental part of the
design - by decentralising the data. The plugin side would be more how
the resultant data is handled?

- Brett