continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Venisse" <emmanuel.veni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Continuum 2.0 Roadmap
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:02:41 GMT
On Jan 30, 2008 9:54 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2008 12:34 PM, Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > How important is the database really to things in continuum?
> >
> > To me it has always seemed somewhat of an annoyance to have to manage
> and
> > maintain when so much of things could just be some xml files on disk.
>
> Like the General Configuration?? :)
>
> Considering that we dump the database to XML in order to back
> up/convert, and then fight with JPOX to assign the correct next
> sequence number to get it back *into* the database, I'd be perfectly
> happy to just leave the data in XML and plain text.

I'm agree about XML files but not for all datas. I think that only "static"
datas should be stored  in files but others are used intensively for
requests or for the UI presentation so, in this case, I prefer SQL.
About sequence number issue, it is easy to resolve it with JPA because we
have the hand on all without a big effort.

Emmanuel