continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting the website and documentation
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2007 00:06:03 GMT

On 30/12/2007, at 2:55 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> I don't want to branch all of Continuum unless we're doing a 1.1.1
> release, but we could branch just the continuum-docs module.
> Thoughts?

The view I've started to take is that the documentation is best tied
to the release at the time. If there's a bug in the docs, it gets
fixed and included in the next release just like a bug in the code.
Every efforts needs to be made to make the documentation a complete
and integral part of a release.

This is also why I split the /site/ module off to it's own trunk - the
parts that do get sent up more regularly (like news, faqs, front page)
can be. It also gives the opportunity to put up new guides (and you
also have the wiki), if necessary.

Cheers,
Brett