continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] Graduate Continuum to its own TLP
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:36:19 GMT
Jesse McConnell wrote:
> I actually would prefer to have an increased focus on maven and maven2
> integration.  tbh there are many different continuous integration servers
> and the ties with maven could be increased some more and leverage some
> really nice features in maven.
>
> I don't really think continuum needs to really try and compete in the shell
> script launched builds and tying ourselves to these kinda ideas limits the
> fun things that can be done.
>
> with increased maven integration we could integrate build and reporting
> tools automatically into the builds, just injecting these kinda reports into
> maven2 projects that are under CI.  lots of things possible but increasing
> the maven2 support
>
> just my thoughts :)

I'm not saying it should not have strong support and integration with m2.

Just that it if Continuum wants to graduate from under the wings of maven umbrella, it should
also
address the concerns of other build systems.  As much as possible try to offer the same feature
set
to all build tools, but also offer extra functionality leveraging on m2 features where it
can.

Cheers