continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r582242 - in /maven/continuum/branches/continuum-site_1.1/src/site: apt/documentation/1_1/administrator_guides/monitoring.apt site.xml
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:00:22 GMT

Wendy Smoak a écrit :
> On 10/5/07, evenisse@apache.org <evenisse@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: evenisse
>> Date: Fri Oct  5 06:02:30 2007
>> New Revision: 582242

>> Log:
>> Add monitoring page written by wendy on the wiki
>
> We were talking about this one on IRC.  Technically I don't think wiki
> contributions have been submitted to the ASF for inclusion.  I don't
> object to this one, but in general I don't think it's okay to
> incorporate them without the author's permission.

Is it a problem because the wiki is in the Codehaus Confluence or it would be the same problem
with the Apache Confluence?

If some users contribute to the doc with some wiki content, I don't see why we can't use it
in the site so users won't have to search on several sites to find what they search.

If we don't accept content from the wiki, I'll need to remove some pages I already added in
the new site :( but I can ask to authors if they are agree to move their texts to the site
eventually with a
patch.

I consider documentation isn't code and I don't think documentation contributors don't want
to move their text to the site, maybe I'm wrong.

Emmanuel