continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "LAMY Olivier" <Olivier.L...@accor.com>
Subject RE: UI for Group Actions
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:45:15 GMT
Hi,
In fact, I think "Choose a Build Definition" is not very clear.
The best should be something like : "You can choose a Build Definition but if you don't the
default one will be used".
But it's a little bit huge for a list box ;-) .
I will look at the tooltip feature in webwork to add help/explanation on how does it work.

If someone has better idea for the UI ?

And fix CONTINUUM-1439 too (sorry I haven't tested with shell script).

I will work on this today at evening time.

--
Olivier

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 10 septembre 2007 03:27
À : continuum-dev@maven.apache.org
Objet : UI for Group Actions

I'm looking at the UI for the new things in Group Actions, and there's some inconsistency.

The drop down needs a space, "Choose a Build Definition" (not BuildDefinition).

Everything else is capitalized, so the next one should be "Build All Projects".

We have "Edit", "Delete Group", and "Release".  Either they all need to have 'Group' or none
of them should.  (It's in a section called Group Actions, so leaving off Group is my preference.
 Shorter, too.)

So far it seems clear that the drop downs "go with" the button just to the right, but I reserve
the right to complain later if something else gets added. :)

I'll eventually open issues for these if no one beats me to fixing them.  It's going to be
a busy week so I wanted to toss it out to see if anyone else has time.

--
Wendy

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in
error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination
or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues
dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement
à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par
erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication,
totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées
de ce message, sont interdites.