continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Mauro Talevi <mauro.tal...@aquilonia.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] Graduate Continuum to its own TLP
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:19:04 GMT
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At the begin, Continuum was designed to support maven2 projects so we
> thought it was good to put it under the maven umbrella.
> But now it supports other project types (ANT, shell scripts) too so it
> isn't centered on maven projects.
>
> An other thing is that we have lot of users (not only maven users) with
> actually 450 subscribers to the users list, and I think we can get more
> with a TLP project.
>
> My last point is that with the maven project, it isn't easy to add new
> committers because a new committer have the hand on all maven umbrella
> code and not only one project.
>
> So I think it would be good for Continuum to become a Top Level Project
> at ASF and the continuum community will have more chance to grow.
>
> My concern for the moment is we don't have enough committer from
> different companies, To be stable, at least 3 committers from different
> companies would be good.
>
> WDYT?

+1 for move to TLP, but the project needs to shift its emphasis from maven.

Currently the Jira description still states:
"Continuum is a continuous integration tool designed specifically for use with maven project."

It would also be good to have a comparison page with other open-source build tools - eg CruiseControl.

Cheers