continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding video capture to the continuum site
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:11:14 GMT
On 9/18/07, olivier lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd like to add some wink captures to the site (as adding a project for
> newbies etc...)

Great idea. :)

> As this files can be huge, I don't really want to add this in sources trunk
> (It can be long to checkout the sources)
> But in order to publish them, they must be in a site module.

Not necessarily... they can be hosted anywhere that can handle the
bandwidth, and linked to.  Is YouTube an appropriate option?  (Or can
you convert to a format that can be hosted there or somewhere
similar?)

> That's why I'd like to remove the site module from this current path and
> move it to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/.
> svn mv
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/trunk/continuum-site/
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum .

I'm not in favor of moving the site somewhere it doesn't get checked
out with the project.  But I also don't think the ASF Subversion repo
is the right place for "documentation" video files.  (It would be
different if they were *part* of the product itself.)

Are any other projects offering video examples?  How do they handle it?

--
Wendy