continuum-dev mailing list archives

From CAUSSE David MTP CAP GEM <david.causse-prestata...@laposte.fr>
Subject Project group build definition : variable subsitution
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:57:41 GMT

Hi,

I'm working on the SYNERGY SCM provider and the way SYNERGY deals
with its workingcopy is very different from SVN.
My problem is :
I have a project foo, structure is :
foo/
    pom.xml
    src/

If I checkout with continuum I will have something like this :
[...]/workingdirectory/1/foo.
The foo directory is part of the project and can't be avoided for
SYNERGY.
I have to specify foo/pom.xml in the pom filename for my builds.
There is no problem here but when you start to deal with project
group builds from continuum 1.1beta2 it's impossible :

Group foobar is :
foo/
    pom.xml
    src/
bar/
    pom.xml
    src/

So I have on filesystem:
    workingdirectory/1/foo
    workingdirectory/2/bar

And now how can I use a group defined build? pom.xml are not in the
continuum basedir...

Is there any chance to have access to some sort of project-specific
variable substitution inside project group build definitions?
It would be great to have something like ${project_name} accessible
in "Build File", "Goals" and "Arguments".

Thank you for your help.

--
David Causse