continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: adding video capture to the continuum site
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:09:04 GMT

Wendy Smoak a écrit :
> On 9/18/07, olivier lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to add some wink captures to the site (as adding a project for
>> newbies etc...)
>
> Great idea. :)

yes.
with or without voice?

>> As this files can be huge, I don't really want to add this in sources trunk
>> (It can be long to checkout the sources)
>> But in order to publish them, they must be in a site module.
>
> Not necessarily... they can be hosted anywhere that can handle the
> bandwidth, and linked to.  Is YouTube an appropriate option?  (Or can
> you convert to a format that can be hosted there or somewhere
> similar?)

yes, it's an appropriate option. I don't think YouTube remove files after few days/months

>> That's why I'd like to remove the site module from this current path and
>> move it to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/.
>> svn mv
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/trunk/continuum-site/
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum .
>
> I'm not in favor of moving the site somewhere it doesn't get checked
> out with the project.  But I also don't think the ASF Subversion repo
> is the right place for "documentation" video files.  (It would be
> different if they were *part* of the product itself.)

If we put video files in svn, it will be only wink files but I'm not sure if it's the right
place.
I'm not sure we have a quota in svn but wink files will use lot of places.

How many files do you want to do? How many minutes?

> Are any other projects offering video examples?  How do they handle it?

I don't know one at ASF.

Emmanuel