continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject [discuss] Graduate Continuum to its own TLP
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:57:43 GMT
Hi,

At the begin, Continuum was designed to support maven2 projects so we thought it was good
to put it under the maven umbrella.
But now it supports other project types (ANT, shell scripts) too so it isn't centered on maven
projects.

An other thing is that we have lot of users (not only maven users) with actually 450 subscribers
to the users list, and I think we can get more with a TLP project.

My last point is that with the maven project, it isn't easy to add new committers because
a new committer have the hand on all maven umbrella code and not only one project.

So I think it would be good for Continuum to become a Top Level Project at ASF and the continuum
community will have more chance to grow.

My concern for the moment is we don't have enough committer from different companies, To be
stable, at least 3 committers from different companies would be good.

WDYT?

Emmanuel