continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject brief notes: upgrading 1.1-beta-1 to 1.1-beta-2
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 05:31:43 GMT
Here's what I did (this is a once off thing, though we really need to
make sure changes are backwards compatible and can handle missing
metadata in the future...)

- run data-management from 1.1-beta-1 to export the build database (I
had to build this from source)
- edit the exported builds.xml to add <installationId>1</
installationId> to each installation (using sequential numbers)
- change name="..." to installationId="..." in each profile by
replacing the name with the corresponding installation ID
- comment out the environmentVariables profile since it would cause a
duplicate PK (maybe a bug in the data management)
- import the database again using data management from 1.1-beta-2.

In case anyone needs it :)

Cheers,
Brett