continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Proposition for CONTINUUM-798
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:51:44 GMT

Brett Porter a écrit :
> This sounds fine to me.
>
> Questions I think weren't answered here:
> - how do you track when the modules change - by comparing <modules> to
> the list of projects in a group? If so, how to handle the edge cases
> where extra projects are added to or removed from a group aside from the
> modules?
> - how do you handle the removal of a module from a POM when the project
> is still in Continuum? Will that just delete the project, and if so what
> happens to the build history, etc.? (sounds dangerous!)

I don't think we should delete projects that are already in Continuum, it should be a manual
opration done by a group admin.

> Would you be able to write this up as a short proposal on the website?

Yes, please.

> The only other thought I have is that this is a new feature - is it
> intended to land before 1.1-beta-1, or will it be on a feature branch
> for a later version of Continuum?

I'd prefer to see it in a branch and integrate it in 1.2. This new feature will modify the
database and I don't want to see an other db schema change before 1.1 final

Emmanuel