continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching <och...@exist.com>
Subject Proposition for CONTINUUM-798
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 06:40:56 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to fix up http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-798,
which is "Modules automatic discovery". I think the patch submitted is
already outdated and there was the issue about recursive modules.

Anyway, below is how I thought to implement the fix for this:

Create an "update-modules" action in continuum-core that will check for
new modules in the pom. The action would be invoked when a project build
is triggered (forced or scheduled), after the project is updated from
SCM (in DefaultBuildController).

To add the new module to Continuum, I think we could make use of the
addMavenTwoProject(..) method in DefaultContinuum. We can derive the
required parameters from the parent project. The metadata url can be
gotten from the SCM url of the parent  (since the SCM urls of modules
are just constructed from the parent project's SCM url by inserting the
module's name in the url). The group id can also be derived from the
parent project, as well as the SCM username and SCM password.

Then after the module is added and checked-out.. the project can just be
added in the build queue so that it will be included in the triggered
build.

 From the above implementation, I think we can recurse even through the
modules if they are multi-module projects as well.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks,
Deng