continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum Profiles
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 21:46:22 GMT
Emm, as we talked about on irc...

I think if we get the first part of this done in the next month then
the next alpha-release should be beta-1, with maybe a beta-2 a couple
of weeks after that and then get this thing out the door and released.

We have a lot on board for 1.2 and we can't really get moving on it
until we get this out the door...

jesse

On 6/8/07, LAMY Olivier <Olivier.LAMY@accor.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Very nice idea.
> Just some remarks concerning the actual continuum model.
>
> Builder and Jdk have the same type (Installation), I think this must be splitted in two
types in order to prevent user to add a Builder as a Jdk (screen [1]) when they build a profile.

> Then it could be nice to can add some environnement variable for builder/jdk (as MAVEN_OPTS
or some stuff like -Djava.awt.headless=true for a jdk) (as say [2]).

> --
> Olivier
>

> [1] http://people.apache.org/~evenisse/design/continuum/continuum_profiles/profile.htm
> [2] http://people.apache.org/~evenisse/design/continuum/continuum_profiles/installations.htm

I think we need to implement to add profiles in Continum.

> I don't think we can implement all features in 1.1 because it's a big work.
>
> The work can be split like that:
> 1.1: add installation screens, basic profile screens (set of installations) and the possibility
to add a profile to a build definition
> 1.2: advanced profiles (Remove build definitions and move schedule, build file, scm policy
to the profile) with combined profiles.

> Screens attached to CONTINUUM-44 don't integrate advanced profiles, I think they will
be available next week.

> Any comments are welcome.
> Thanks.
>
> Emmanuel
>

> This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this
message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication,
use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
> Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues
dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement
à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par
erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication,
totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées
de ce message, sont interdites.

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com