continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP-Module for Continuum
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:27:02 GMT
I was actually referring to working on adding ldap support to redback
itself, I am one of the developers on it.

as for the jpox plugin, I would think it would just provide the same
jpox functionality that we use with derby and postgres or whatever
rdbms we happen to have backing the jpox store.

with that we pretty much get ldap support in redback and by extension
continuum and archiva for free (albeit with a bit of metadata
tweakage)

erik, what kinda changes are we talking about metadata wise?  do you
have docs on this yet?  if you want to look at the package.jdo we are
using, its in here:

http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/redback/redback-users-jdo/1.0-alpha-1/redback-users-jdo-1.0-alpha-1.jar

jesse

On 6/6/07, David Goemans <d.goemans@tarent.de> wrote:
> Like I already said, we are willing to share the implementation of
> ldapUserManager under Apache license, but not the LDAP-Lib.
>
> But I think if you decide to take parts of my implementation
> (ldapUserManager), I'm willing to help you migrating it to an other
> library which is licensed under Apache.
>
> @ Erik Bengtson
> I see one problem in your JPOX implementation? How do you validate pwds?
> The problem is that there are many different algorithms like (md5, crypt
> etc). I solved it by validating on LDAP.
>
> @ jesse
> If your implementation of LDAP-UserManager and LDAP authenticator
> public. If yes, I could try to help you, to make this work. But only if
> you want. If your implementation work, you could contribute it under
> Apache license and continuum has LDAP.
>
> David
>
> Erik Bengtson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm currently writing a JPOX plugin to connect to LDAP databases. In other
> > words, you can stick to JDO and support either RDBMS or LDAP databases. Of
> > course, you will be required to set ldap specific metadata in metadata files.
> >
> > If you are interested, can you please point me to your object model that maps to
> > users, groups, roles, etc? I would like to validate the ldap module works.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Erik Bengtson
> > Quoting Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org>:
> >

> >> Using LGPL is going to be tricky, but if you contribute the code of
> >> your part under Apache we could try to reuse it with other library
> >> like Spring-LDAP http://www.springframework.org/ldap

But

--
jesse mcconnell