continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: is alpha 1 really released?
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 14:15:41 GMT

On 02/05/2007, at 4:10 PM, Jesse McConnell wrote:

> there was discussion on this on another thread on this list...but I
> will reiterate here that I feel uncomfortable shoving big war files
> and these alpha-1 artifacts into the main repository.  No one is
> programming against these things in the main repository...we don't
> even publish incremental snapshots of continuum that I know of during
> development, so why shove all that stuff into the main repositories,
> especially for an alpha release...the final artifacts I am all for,
> but these alpha builds?

I don't object, I just don't understand why it would be any different
from every other alpha thing in the repository :)

Personally, I see this as more of a milestone than an alpha release
anyway.

Anyway, I think we can at least put it in /dist/. It's just nicer for
downloaders/infra that they get a mirror.

> as for updating the site, its on my list of things to do, but I
> haven't tackled it yet, it might only take me a few minutes, but then
> I haven't released a site at apache yet so...its on my list, just
> haven't gotten there yet.

cool

> I am set to try and get some time on continuum soon and release an
> alpha-2 on May 21st....maybe we can make that one have more
> announcement bits..

yep, at least announce@maven.apache.org (probably not
announce@apache.org).

- Brett