continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject v1.1 alpha 1 and tomcat / derby
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 15:30:43 GMT
Hi all,

I am having a little trouble reconfiguring tomcat to allow the war version
of continuum v1.1 alpha1 to connect to two derby databases.

I am getting the cryptic error:

org.jpox.exceptions.ConnectionFactoryNotFoundException: Connection Factory
"java:comp/env/jdbc/continuum" not found

I have configured GlobalNamingResources inside tomcat's server.xml as
follows:

    <!-- Derby database used to store continuum users -->
    <Resource
       name="jdbc/users"
       type="javax.sql.DataSource"
       auth="Container"
       description="Continuum users" />

    <!-- Derby database used to store continuum database -->
    <Resource
       name="jdbc/continuum"
       type="javax.sql.DataSource"
       auth="Container"
       description="Continuum database" />

    <!-- Resource parameters for the continuum users database -->
    <ResourceParams name="jdbc/users">
      <parameter>
        <name>maxWait</name>
        <value>5000</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>maxActive</name>
        <value>4</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>url</name>
        <value>jdbc:derby:/udd001/app/alchemy/continuum/derby/users;create=true</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>driverClassName</name>
        <value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>maxIdle</name>
        <value>2</value>
      </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>

    <!-- Resource parameters for the continuum database -->
    <ResourceParams name="jdbc/continuum">
      <parameter>
        <name>maxWait</name>
        <value>5000</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>maxActive</name>
        <value>4</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>url</name>
        <value>jdbc:derby:/udd001/app/alchemy/continuum/derby/continuum;create=true</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>driverClassName</name>
        <value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>maxIdle</name>
        <value>2</value>
      </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>

The Default context is defined like so:

      <DefaultContext>
        <!-- This resource link adds the global data source to all
             Web applications.
        -->
        <ResourceLink
          name="jdbc/users"
          global="jdbc/users"
          type="javax.sql.DataSource" />
        <ResourceLink
          name="jdbc/continuum"
          global="jdbc/continuum"
          type="javax.sql.DataSource" />
      </DefaultContext>

I can't see anything obviously wrong, does this mean anything to anybody?

Regards,
Graham