continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: DB schema migration
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 16:54:44 GMT
Brett,

INTEGER_IDX is added automatically in two conditions (column name is
configurable):

- For a java.util.List field.
- In a JOIN table when the end of the association (element) is
embedded/serialized to a column. The column is usually a BLOB which cannot be
part of the JOIN table primary key, so INTEGER_IDX is added.

If you want keep existing data while adding these columns, you can make these
columns nullable or set a default value.

Regards,