continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Orford, Ian" <Ian.Orf...@dkib.com>
Subject Issues with getting 1.1-SNAPSHOT started
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:45:39 GMT
I hope addressing this to continuum-dev is correct.

I've been using 1.0.3 for some time now, but thought I'd check out
1.1-SNAPSHOT just to see what good things I can look forward to, or even
to start using it if it's stable.

I've build it and got the war file. I'm trying to deploy this on my
build server using winstone as the container.

First off, is there any reason why winstone isn't a good choice for a
basic container into which I can deploy this war? If it's not, what's a
good alternative?

Are there any notes I can look at re configuration? I'm getting the
following.....

Thanks in advance,
Ian

[Winstone 2007/04/16 15:30:50] - Beginning extraction from war file
[webapp 2007/04/16 15:30:53] - Loading plexus context properties from:
'/WEB-INF/plexus.properties'
[webapp 2007/04/16 15:30:53] - Could not load plexus context properties
from: '/WEB-INF/plexus.properties'
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /logs/continuum.log (No such file or
directory)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:177)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:272)
        at
org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:151)
        at
org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.activateOptions(DailyRollingFi
leAppender.java:206)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:247)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java
:123)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java
:87)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator
.java:645)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator
.java:603)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureRootCategory(PropertyConf
igurator.java:500)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.j
ava:406)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.jav
a:340)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.logging.log4j.Log4JLoggerManager.start(Log4JLoggerMa
nager.java:299)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.phase.StartPhase.execut
e(StartPhase.java:33)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle.AbstractLifecycleHandler.start(AbstractLif
ecycleHandler.java:128)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.startComp
onentLifecycle(AbstractComponentManager.java:142)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.createCom
ponentInstance(AbstractComponentManager.java:132)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.ClassicSingletonComponentManager.g
etComponent(ClassicSingletonComponentManager.java:90)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookup(DefaultComponen
tLookupManager.java:147)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookupMap(DefaultCompo
nentLookupManager.java:199)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookupMap(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:309)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookupMap(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:303)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.container.initialization.InitializeLoggerManagerPhas
e.initializeCoreComponent(InitializeLoggerManagerPhase.java:47)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.container.initialization.AbstractCoreComponentInitia
lizationPhase.execute(AbstractCoreComponentInitializationPhase.java:37)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.initializePhases(DefaultPlexu
sContainer.java:886)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.initialize(DefaultPlexusConta
iner.java:834)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.construct(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:811)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.<init>(DefaultPlexusContainer
.java:222)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.<init>(DefaultPlexusContainer
.java:260)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.PlexusLifecycleListener.contextInitialized(Ple
xusLifecycleListener.java:76)
        at
winstone.WebAppConfiguration.<init>(WebAppConfiguration.java:885)
        at
winstone.HostConfiguration.initWebApp(HostConfiguration.java:131)
        at winstone.HostConfiguration.<init>(HostConfiguration.java:73)
        at winstone.HostGroup.initHost(HostGroup.java:85)
        at winstone.HostGroup.<init>(HostGroup.java:45)
        at winstone.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:194)
        at winstone.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:389)

--
This e-mail is confidential and the information contained in it may be privileged.  It should
not be read, copied or used by anyone other than the intended recipient.  If you have received

Dresdner Kleinwort is the trading name of the investment banking division of Dresdner Bank
AG, and operates through Dresdner Bank AG, Dresdner Kleinwort Limited, Dresdner Kleinwort
Securities Limited and their affiliated or associated companies.  Dresdner Bank AG is a company
incorporated in Germany with limited liability and registered in England (registered no. FC007638,
place of business 30 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7PG), and is authorised by the German Federal
Financial Supervisory Authority and by the Financial Services Authority ('FSA') and regulated
by the FSA for the conduct of designated business in the UK.  Dresdner Kleinwort Limited is
a company incorporated in England (registered no. 551334, registered office 30 Gresham Street,
London EC2V 7PG), and is authorised and regulated by the FSA.  Dresdner Kleinwort Securities
Limited is a company incorporated in England (registered no. 1767419, registered office 30
Gresham Street, London EC2V 7PG), and is authorised and regulated by the FSA.