continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DB schema migration
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:22:24 GMT
This was one of the things I was going to try and have done before
alpha-1 - I just forgot.

Erik - the problem in upgrading is the changes in private tables
between versions of jpox that we hadn't given explicit names to. We'd
probably appreciate most help in future proofing our jpox use a bit
more in case it's internal schema changes again.

I already have the tools to do an xml export of the old tables, it
just needs to somehow be set to run in dump mode using the old jpox,
and import using the new one. I'll look at that during ApacheCon, I
think. If anyone else wants to take the task while I'm on holidays,
let me know... we should also make the tool work with 1.0.3 databases
if possible.

This is definitely one for the release notes, btw. alpha-1 will not
work with 1.0.3 (or earlier 1.1 snapshot) databases.

- Brett