continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing for continuum-1.1-alpha-1
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:35:29 GMT
> > I think we shouldn't worry about making these actually releases cut
> > with the maven-release-plugin.  I say we just make a build and get it
> > available for download.  Also tag the continuum trunk accordingly.
> > Then we ought to try to release a new alpha every few weeks until we
> > have the alpha-# issues converging towards 0.
>
> Why not? Using the Maven plugin is generally easier than doing it by
> hand. Only issue that comes to mind are snapshots dependencies.

having to resolve the snapshot dependencies are precisely the reason I
didn't want to mess with the maven release plugin for this.  I would
have to release a new plexus-security and probably a couple of other
little higgly piggly bits.  I think we can get by with the timestamped
SNAPSHOT dependencies for these things, means we can release alpha's
more frequently as well since we don't have to deal with
micro-releasing the dependencies each time.

> Seems like a good pick, but I have a couple of comments:
>
> CONTINUUM-253: why? can't it be done after the release?

it can, it is just done partially in a couple of places and I thought
it might be nice to have that all collated together, but yes..it can
be pushed a bit

> CONTINUUM-827: sounds to me like this is something that can take a
> while, is it worth waiting for? Remember that the target for the next
> alpha should be within a month.

fine by me :)

> What is the time estimate on completing all of the issues?

I want to see this pushed this week and then every couple of weeks
from here on out.

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell