continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing for continuum-1.1-alpha-1
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 20:01:32 GMT
I have gone through jira issues there were assigned to 1.1 and spread
things out a bit.

here is my criteria I used in separating out the issues:

1.1-alpha-1 -> issues that need to be addressed asap before we pull
any kinda alpha
1.1-alpha-2 -> higher importance issues and ones generally related to xml-rpc
1.1-alpha-# -> issues that probably ought to be resolved in the alpha releases
Future -> stuff that probably ain't going to get done any day soon

the idea being that we can make new sequential release issues off of
the 1.1-alpha-# release tag until we are done with alpha releases.  I
think once 1.1-alpha-1 is released then we can go through 1.1-alpha-2
and decide what should be done, make a new release called 1.1-alpha-3
and bulk move issues that aren't going to be addressed then (like
maybe all the xml-rpc issues)

I think we shouldn't worry about making these actually releases cut
with the maven-release-plugin.  I say we just make a build and get it
available for download.  Also tag the continuum trunk accordingly.
Then we ought to try to release a new alpha every few weeks until we
have the alpha-# issues converging towards 0.

When we actually get to beta/rc releases then we can cut actual releases.

Now about my allocation of issues, its not gospel!  If you disagree
with any of my assigning of fix versions then just fix it yourself
(the version, or better yet the bug).

At the time of this writing I have the 1.1-alpha-1 release down to a
modest 8 issues with a few of those questionable and/or waiting for a
bit of feedback.  I have yet to go through the 200 or so unfiled
issues though so that might go up a bit, I'll do that now.

thoughts?
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell