continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preparing for continuum-1.1-alpha-1
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:42:30 GMT

On 12/03/2007, at 7:35 AM, Jesse McConnell wrote:

> having to resolve the snapshot dependencies are precisely the reason I
> didn't want to mess with the maven release plugin for this.  I would
> have to release a new plexus-security and probably a couple of other
> little higgly piggly bits.  I think we can get by with the timestamped
> SNAPSHOT dependencies for these things, means we can release alpha's
> more frequently as well since we don't have to deal with
> micro-releasing the dependencies each time.

I think its worth doing a proper release. I think we have to if we
intend to publish it to anyone as a binary so that we know what they
really have.

It will also drive us to do small, consumable releases of those
components and not upgrade to the latest plexus-kitchensink.

On 13/03/2007, at 10:31 AM, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> These are the numbers I see in jira right now
> 1.1-alpha-1  	11
> 1.1-alpha-2 	72
> 1.1-alpha-# 	156

Yeah, I think these are both a bit aggressive. But let's worry about
the first alpha and see how people respond.

> do we want to release the final 1.1 in 2050?

I think you might need to help with the definition of 'constructive'
criticism :)

> This is how it looks to me from outside, as I didn't have time lately
> to work on Continuum.

/me throws back the peanuts :D

- Brett