continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Thierry Lach" <thierry.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing for continuum-1.1-alpha-1
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:01:35 GMT
A couple of things:

   1. Once the first alpha is released, why not try to put a new one out
   there every week or every two weeks?  Anything scheduled for the alpha-2
   release (for example) that isn't done could be moved back to alpha-3, and so
   on.
   2. I'd love to be able to try to provide more than the couple of
   simplistic patches that I've managed so far, but I'm running into a number
   of technologies that I'm familiar with only in concept that are used in
   Continuum, modello and plexus to name the primary ones.  It would be nice to
   have a brief road-map on how to add certain kinds of features to Continuum,
   such as adding a column to a table and adding editing capability to a
   specific page.

On 3/13/07, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:

> A bit of (constructive) criticism ahead
>
> On 3/9/07, Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have gone through jira issues there were assigned to 1.1 and spread
> > things out a bit.
> >
> > here is my criteria I used in separating out the issues:
> >
> > 1.1-alpha-1 -> issues that need to be addressed asap before we pull
> > any kinda alpha
> > 1.1-alpha-2 -> higher importance issues and ones generally related to
> xml-rpc
> > 1.1-alpha-# -> issues that probably ought to be resolved in the alpha
> releases
> > Future -> stuff that probably ain't going to get done any day soon
>

> These are the numbers I see in jira right now
> 1.1-alpha-1     11
> 1.1-alpha-2     72
> 1.1-alpha-#     156
>
> Am I the only one that thinks we are lost?
> 230+ issues before having even a beta?
> do we want to release the final 1.1 in 2050?

<snip/>