continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Poll: release continuum alpha
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:08:09 GMT

On 24 Feb 07, at 5:08 PM 24 Feb 07, Jesse McConnell wrote:

> ideally we will revisit a couple of fundamentals for this release
> still like build profiles, so yes, a couple of planned new features,
> hopefully assisted by a new person or two interested

I would chop the new features pretty close to now and start churning
out the alphas as quickly as possible. Get feedback, alter APIs where
absolutely necessary, send it out until the API stabilizes and then
release it. I would say stuff you're not sure about or needs a lot of
work, take that code and spin it out into a feature branch so the
rest can stabilize. I would say do whatever is necessary to release
something stable in a couple weeks.

Jason.