continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Dale" <robd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JBoss Support
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:56:03 GMT
I don't know how much of an issue this really is, but it's not a
terrible idea to have an ear activated only by profile.  But one thing
to consider is if application server-specific files should be allowed.
 If you let jboss in, who and how many are next? Where do you draw the
line?  Fringe configurations like that are an unneeded maintenance
issue.  A better place might be the wiki with instructions on where to
place the file.

Alternatively, you could change the name of the webapp by adding
<finalName>your-name-here</finalName> to the <build> definition in the
webapp's pom.xml.  You could even use a property in there like
${myName} and set it from command-line -DmyName= or from a <profile>.

--
Robert Dale