continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Thierry Lach" <thierry.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum installation approach...
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:44:09 GMT
I'm very much in favor of being able to download a war or an ear and drop it
in place.

But...

So far some of the instructions that I've seen make a "download-and-install"
approach difficult.

For example, changing the application name and email subject line require
editing a plexus configuration file under the WEB-INF/classes directory (
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/CONTINUUMUSER/Deploying).

I don't see such modifications as removing a jar file from the lib directory
(as suggested for the derby jar in
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/CONTINUUMUSER/Continuum+on+Tomcat) as being
a problem, given the graphical zip file editors that are available, but
editing and replacing a configuration file inside a war or an ear is a
little more complicated (and therefor error prone).  Also, such manual edits
cannot be easily automated.