continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Thierry Lach" <thierry.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JBoss Support
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:11:11 GMT
As far as the ear goes, the patch does add a separate module named
continuum-ear.  It's only content is the pom and it uses the ear plugin with
very little configuration other than the context root name.  The other thing
it does is add the continuum-ear module to the root pom in a profile named
"ear", and a property naming the ear context root.

The main (and only) reason I added the ear module is simplification of
install.  Dropping in a war file in JBoss means that you have to rename the
war file to the context root you want.  This way I can leave the ear file
name as generated and be sure which version of the ear I have installed.
Alternatively, deploying on Websphere (which is our standard deployment
server) does not require entering the context root with an ear, while with a
war it does.  One less thing to get wrong.