continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <tryg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Poll: release continuum alpha
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:38:51 GMT
Jesse McConnell wrote:
> I was talking to trygve a bit on irc and it dovetailed nicely with
> some plans I had talked about late last year in regard to
> continuum...I am just about a month late is all.  We thought we ought
> to take a poll on here about continuum and see what folks thought.
> This is not a vote, its just a poll and perhaps a discussion starter
> on short to mid term plans with continuum.  I just know it bothers me
> a bit everytime someone pops on IRC and asks questions about continuum
> 1.0.3...which is quite aged atm with so many of the bugs on it
> resolved on the trunk.
>

> Question:  Should we take all the work that has been done on continuum
> in the last year+ and get it pushed out as an Alpha1 or a Milestone1
> or some suitable equivalent?

Yes, definitely. I feel bad every time I talk to someone using Continuum
knowing that a whole bunch of annoying bugs are fixes and very useful
features have been added.

A milestone should focus on showing the fancy new features and bugs
fixed. Stuff like security, upgrading existing databases etc are all
secondary. This will give the community the ability to check in on the
latest development and make sure that the developers don't stray too far
away from what the users actually need.

> [+1/0/-1]

I though you said that this wasn't a vote? ;)

Thanks a whole lot for listening to me and taking the time to do this
Jesse. I am very interested in getting 1.1 (or 1.0.4 if it has to be)
out the door and can hopefully do some work for you guys.

--
Trygve