continuum-dev mailing list archives

From "Hilco Wijbenga" <hilco.wijbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Metrics Gathering & Tracking
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 06:33:39 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to know your opinion regarding the possible introduction
of metrics gathering and tracking in Continuum. Continuum is perfectly
positioned to gather the metrics and store them in its database.
Graphs could then be generated based on this data to identify trends.
This in turn would allow developer teams to set goals and track
progress.

The metrics would simply be the data that is created by the various
(mainly reporting) plugins that run during the build. Continuum
already does this for the surefire plugin. It's simply a matter of
finding the result file(s) and extracting the relevant metric(s). (I'm
currently thinking mainly of Maven2 builds.)

What do you think?

Cheers,
Hilco